Frequently Asked Questions
ProCraft can help you answer all your remodeling needs. Below are some of the common questions that we have come across over the years. If your questions are not on the list, feel free to contact us.
(click on the question to see the answer)
- How long does it take to get new windows? The windows for your home are custom sized at the factory to fit your existing openings. The manufacturing process takes four to six weeks.
- How long does it take to install new windows? Under normal circumstances the job can be installed in one day.
- Can windows be installed in cold weather? Yes, not to worry. Each window is installed one at a time and is only out of the opening for about ten minutes.
- Can I do just a few windows at a time? Yes, many customers choose to do their job in phases.
- Are there different colors to choose from? Yes we offer a variety of colors and wood grains.
- How much do windows cost? Windows come in a variety of styles, sizes all varying in price therefore the best way to estimate a cost is to have a Pro Craft representative evaluate your specific windows. The cost of this service is absolutely free.
How do I know I need a new roof?
Generally there are 8 warning signs that your roof cycle is nearing an end:
- The most obvious is dark water stains on your ceiling or the exterior roof.
- Missing shingles cause by improper fastening and exposure to high winds
- Missing granules. A loss of some granules is to be expected however excessive loss happens over time indicates a need for replacement.
- Curling shingles caused by a lack of ventilation or improperly fastened shingles
- Buckling caused by improperly applied felt and or lack of ventilation
- Rotted shingles caused by absorption of moisture of the shingle itself.
- Damaged flashing most generally caused by improper installation
- Algae growth which is caused by airborne algae deposited on roof
- What types of shingles are available? Answer Standard three in one shingles are still available however seldom used. Today’s architectural or dimensional shingles have taken their place as they are far superior in performance and appearance.
- Who manufactures the shingles? There are many different manufacturers of shingles. At ProCraft Home Products we prefer Owens Corning since they are the industry leader. In fact we were chosen by Owens Corning to be Platinum Preferred Contractors which is their highest recognition available in the industry.
How long will my new roof last?
It depends on a variety of issues including the quality of the shingle, the installation process, ventilation and the condition of the structure itself. It is critical for the longevity of the roofing system that it be installed according to the manufacturer specifications. You should insist on working with a reputable licensed and insured company.
- What type of warranty do you offer on your roofing? Depending on the type of shingles you choose, warranties on Owens Corning roofing products range from 25 years to lifetime.
- Can I cover my existing roof? Most building codes allow a home to have two roof systems in place but not a third.
- What colors are available? There are 13 colors and a new Designer Collection available.
- How much does a roof cost? Obviously there are all different sizes and shapes of roofs. The only way to get an exact price is to have the roof estimated by an expert. Depending on the current condition of the roof prices can range from as little as $6000 to as much as 30000 dollars.
- Are you a member of the Better Business Bureau Yes as a matter of fact we have an A+ rating.
- What are the benefits of siding my home? Siding protects your home from the elements, eliminates costly painting and maintenance, adds insulation to your sidewalls, beautifies and rejuvenates an older home as well as adding lasting increased value.
- Can I replace my siding during the winter months? Yes winter months can be much easier to schedule an installation.
- How long does it take to complete a siding job? Depending on the size of your home and weather conditions a typical siding job takes 7 to 14 days.
- How much does it cost to side a home? This is a very difficult question to answer. Most every home is different in size and there are various styles of siding at different price points to choose from. The best way to get an exact price is to have a professional accurately measure the size of your home and discuss the other needs your may have for your particular siding project.
- How long does it take to install GutterGRIP on my home? Depending on the size of your home most installations are done in one day.
- What is the GutterGRIP guarantee? Lifetime material warranty, lifetime performance warranty and a 30 year warranty on the KYNAR coating.
- How will GutterGRIP look on my home? Beautiful, the sleek design with its palette of colors to match most roofs looks more like a decorative roof trim than the standard gutter protection.
- Will GutterGRIP completely prevent ice buildup and ice damming? Not entirely, ice buildup is a product of the natural freezing and thawing that takes place every winter. Typically, the roof is warmed by the heat rising from in the house and the slightly warmed roof runoff. Water tends to freeze when it hits the cold air at the roof edge, above the soffit typically over the gutter. As the warm water runoff cools down icicles form hanging at the front edge and is supported by the GutterGRIP. Occasionally for safety reasons some icicles that are hanging on the front of the gutter may need to be knocked off, especially if they are over and entry or passage way.
- Do I need more attic insulation? Depends on the amount of insulation your home currently has and the climate zone in which you reside. It is estimated that two thirds of the homes in the U.S. are under insulated. Energy star recommends R49 to R60 in our climate zone. Learn more here.
- Will adding more insulation lower my utility bills? Up to half of the energy used in your home goes to heating and cooling. Preventing heat loss in the winter and heat gain in the summer, an insulation barrier reduces utility bills year round.
- How long does it take to install the proper amount of insulation in my attic? Most jobs can be completed in a single day.